Our club was chartered in 1958 and we celebrated our 50th Anniversary in 2008.
The catalyst for the formation of the group being a night school program taught by Laurie Meggait.
Since formation, the club has operated from a variety of locations including members garages,
basements, and greenhouses. Our first permanent workshop was housed in the basement of the old ice arena.
With the assistance of the municipality, the club moved to its present address on Fern Crescent adjoining the
home of the artist in residence.
We are a family-oriented arts group with members of all ages who are encouraged to explore creativity using a
wide range of media.
Club activities include:
- Silversmithing - Enamelling
- Jewellery Design & Fabrication - Lost wax and other casting methods
- Precious Metal Clay - Lampworking (glass) beads
- Gemstone Faceting - Stone tumbling and polishing
- Gemstone Cabochons - Mineral collecting
- Stone carving - Rockhound field trips
- Mixed media sculpture
As a member group of the Arts Council we now offer classes in Silver & Metal Smithing and Soapstone carving.
New programs are being developed to offer in the future.
We are a registered member of the BC Lapidary society.
Our clubhouse also features an excellent display of rocks, crystals, and minerals for public viewing. We
encourage the public to drop in (Friday evenings) for a tour and view activities in progress.
Membership Type - Annual fees and Description (New fees for 2015)
- Individual (Adult) $ 25.00 Individual
- Individual (Junior) $ 25.00 Individual over the age of 15
- Family $ 45.00 Immediate family
The Membership Term is from January - December 31. An application received after July 31 covers a short term
from August 01. - December 31 and is a half standard fee.
You can join our club any time, just drop in during regular shop hours or send us an e-mail for more information.
|Maple Ridge Lapidary Club
Who We Are